We are in the midst of what is now being referred to as the fourth industrial revolution. We are witnessing wholesale changes in the way we live, work, and relate to one another as technology drives greater connectivity and heightened levels of application. Our sharing economy has steadily grown to the point whereby sector leaders are barely recognizable from those that led before them and in all likelihood nothing like those that will follow them. Managers too need to change and adopt emerging styles to succeed in a world of digital disruption. They need to think, act and design differently and build a business model of flexibility for tomorrow not the stability of yesterday.
They need to be:
1. Collaborative and socialization orientation
2. Emotionally intelligent and versed
3. Agile, creative thinker and problem solver
4. Adaptable change driver
5. Rapid talent deployment to create highly effective yet fluid organisations
6. Maximize on diversity, culture and attitudes
7. Capitalist of data through digitisation and automation
8. Build a business model of flexibility for tomorrow not the stability of yesterday.
Who Should Attend
This workshop has been designed for professionals working at a managerial level in both private and public bodies alike. They recognise that with the fourth industrial revolution things must change in order for them to remain relevant, their teams to grow and their organisations to thrive. They recognise the challenges faced by digital disruption are very real and regardless of their job title feel they need to know more and to be able to embrace the opportunities ahead presented by greater impact of digitation.