- This event has passed.
Mini MBA for Oil & Gas
4th July 2022 - 8th July 2022
One event on 4th July 2022 at 12:00 am
Why Choose this Training Course
This is a 5-day training course. The International Oil and Gas Industry is extremely dynamic – it is constantly evolving, driven by and dependent upon technology. Ever more remote and inhospitable environments such as the Arctic and Ultra-deep water drilling operations push the boundaries of capabilities on a daily basis as the search for a sustainable competitive advantage quickens. There are multiple stakeholders – each with a different agenda or perspective – the need to manage these interfaces is critical if the modern oil and gas organisation is to survive and flourish. The true capital of any organisation is its people and the knowledge and abilities that they possess. It is imperative to add to this value by ongoing development and learning – investment in this way will contribute directly to the creation and sustainability of a competitive advantage.
But time is critical and it is often difficult for individuals to find the time for prolonged and protracted study given the need to balance workload and family life. This programme was developed specifically to directly address this all too familiar problem. Over a period of 3 days, delegates will acquire a detailed holistic perspective of the International Oil and Gas Industry – its components and the interactions between them. Strategy; commerce and critically important issues such as Corporate Social Responsibility are all covered. This course has been designed to be an immersive experience for the delegate and has an integral team role play exercise that is enacted in stages throughout the course. The intent is to provide the delegate with a new source of knowledge that is immediately applicable and adds value.
Who Should Attend
- Executives wishing to increase their understanding of strategic processes and CSR within the International Oil and Gas Industry Management wanting to broaden their overall understanding of the industry
- Individuals involved with contracts
- Supply chain personnel
- Individuals interested in understanding the International Oil and Gas Industry that do not work in it.
Key Learning Objectives
- GAIN a concise overview of the factors that drive and impact upon the International Oil and Gas Industry
- BECOME familiar with a range of tools and analysis techniques to better inform decision making and scenario building
- UNDERSTAND the components of the International Oil and Gas value chain and the interaction between them
- BE AWARE of how geopolitical factors can shape corporate strategy and operational activities
- UNDERSTAND the factors that drive competition in the industry
- UNDERSTAND the key issues that impact on downstream investment
- GRASP the essentials of the vitally important activity of SCM
- BE ABLE to assess your organisations’ strategic capabilities
- BECOME knowledgeable about International Petroleum contracts and Joint Ventures
- HAVE AWARENESS of the factors that are involved in oil trading
- GRASP the importance of the relationship between organisational strategic risk management and corporate social responsibility
- BE ABLE to assess stakeholders against a background of Corporate Social Responsibility
- HAVE AWARENESS of security issues relative to infrastructure and supply
- UNDERSTAND some of the financial security challenges involved with the decommissioning process of assets