Why Choose this Training Course
This is a 3-day oil and gas negotiation training course. The International Oil and Gas business is defined by a number of key variables along its value chain. Upstream the E&P segment is a high risk, high investment endeavor, subject to great uncertainty and long time periods relative to fiscal reward. Midstream storage and transportation is subject to high investment and operating costs, whilst the downstream sector often requires colossal investment in terms of establishment of infrastructure and the ability to meet daily operating costs. The industry attracts close scrutiny from the global media, and is subject to the involvement of multiple governments and their laws and regulations, not only from a financial perspective such as taxation, but also from other critical issues such as the cost of environmental compliance and health and safety.
It is against this background of high stakes with significant consequences for both success and failure, that the importance of being highly efficient within commercial negotiations becomes of critical value. This oil and gas negotiation training has been specifically developed to provide the delegate with the tools; tactics and strategies to be successful when negotiating, either alone or as part of a team. This oil and gas negotiation training will give the delegate an entirely new perspective of how to approach the negotiation process and be successful, utilizing a powerful array of little, (if known) techniques and proprietary templates. The course is an immersive experience combining open dialogue and problem solving throughout. A key element of this course is an ongoing team based exercise allowing the delegates to practice in real time the different components of the course material. The exercise is progressive and participants will have to think on their feet and will be challenged to find the most efficient settlement
Who Should Attend
Executives wishing to increase their understanding of strategic processes and CSR within the International Oil and Gas Industry
- Management wanting to broaden their overall understanding of the industry
- Individuals involved with contracts
- Supply chain personnel
- Individuals interested in understanding the International Oil and Gas Industry that do not work in it.
Key Learning Objectives
On completion of this course, the delegate will:
- Be able to evaluate how to approach the negotiation.
- Will understand the importance of due diligence prior to commencement.
- Know how to ‘scope’ a negotiation
- Be able to evaluate and plan for negotiating in different environments.
- Be able to utilize a structured approach to planning and preparation for a negotiation.
- Understand the cultural interface and the critical importance of culture to commercial negotiations.
- Gain an enhanced understanding of stress and what it means within the negotiation context.
- Be able to manage conflict efficiently.