- This event has passed.
Managing Well Integrity through Design, Verification and Repairs
3rd December 2018 - 7th December 2018
The Masterclass combines several engineering disciplines involved in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of wells and their interaction on assuring well integrity. It is an advancement on the Well Integrity Management Class, which teaches the principles, the roles and responsibilities and management systems in an organization.
It illustrates the large extent and involvement of various disciplines in the organization and its effects on well integrity. It aims to create an understanding of the often conflicting targets within the disciplines in achieving this.
The knowledge and skills to design and make critical decisions on observed WI envelope breaches throughout well life cycle is vital, not only for WIM purpose as well as to increase ultimate recovery of the reservoir. I.e. maximum cash flow generation
The ultimate objective is to optimize productivity at lowest Unit Operating Cost (UOC) and to maintain mechanical integrity throughout well life cycle.
Who Should Attend
Personnel directly responsible and or involved in Well Integrity, its design, verification and intervention should attend.
Job titles include but are not limited to the following:
- Completion Engineers
- Well Services Engineers
- Well Integrity Management Engineers
- Drilling/completion/intervention engineers (including drilling supervisor and drilling superintendent)
- Production Technologists and Production
- Operation personnel (including OIM, Area Production supervisors)
- HSE personnel
Key Learning Points
- Understanding of the WIM principal, barriers, conflicts in the organisation that threaten a lesser level of WIM constructionor maintaining it
- Discuss well-completion design and construction to create a “integer” well with lowest life cycle maintenance cost from a WIM prospective
- Develop preventive maintenance strategies to manage the well integrity issues
- Investigate and manage well integrity issues and the causes
- Understand repairs of loss of well integrity envelope
- Repair and reinstate loss of well integrity and abandonment