This course covers the principles of RCM which is a process used to determine the maintenance requirements of any physical asset in its present operating context. RCM is done by asking seven questions about our asset or system that is being maintained.
– What are the functions and associated performance standards of the asset in its present operating context ?
– In what ways does it fail to fulfill its functions?
– What causes each functional failure ?
– What happens when each failure occurs ?
– In what ways does each failure matters ?
– What can be done to predict or prevent each failure ?
– What should be done if a suitable proactive tasks cannot be found ?
- RCM was discovered by Stanley Nowlan and Howard Heap from United Airlines industry and emerged from the most important piece of research ever done on an equipment. RCM explains the capabilities as well as the limitation of scheduled Preventive Maintenance. RCM is a process to determine what should be done in order to ensure that our physical assets continue to do whatever the user wants them to do in its present operating context.
- If you are happy with the way you and your people perform maintenance, then I am glad for you and you don’t need this course, but if you ever wonder and have the slightest doubt that your current Preventive Maintenance strategy is not enough despite your very best and noble efforts, then you definitely need to attend this course.
Who Should Attend
- All Maintenance Professionals
- Maintenance Managers
- Maintenance Supervisors
- Facilities Managers
- Preventive Maintenance Group
- Predictive Maintenance Groups
- Reliability Engineers and Managers
- Maintenance Planners
- Operations and Production Managers
- Management and Decision Makers
- Continuous Improvement Groups
- People in charge of their assets
Key learning objectives:
- Provide a deeper understanding on what it takes for our maintenance to be most effective and efficient.
- Realize that maintenance tasks will be based from the consequences of the failure itself
- Know when to use the different maintenance tasks at hand with the aid of a Decision Diagram
- Learn the 6 failure patterns and how it affects us in our day to day maintenance activities
- Learn how to apply Reliability-Centred Maintenance in our daily activities