- This event has passed.
Identifying and Mitigating Proliferation Financing(PF) risks to implement effectively PF-related Targeted Financial Sanctions
6th December 2021 - 10th December 2021
About this Training Course
Financial Institutions operating in today’s dynamic regulatory environment must take proper action in response to challenges arising by TF and PF risks and by international requirements. FATF Recommendations and United Nations international instruments require measures to prevent and disrupt terrorist financing (TF) and the financing of proliferation of weapons of mass destructions (PF).
Financial institutions and their supervisors should identify, assess and understand the TF and PF risks they may face in order to take effective actions to mitigate those risks. Financial institutions should apply targeted financial sanctions to terrorist and PF-related assets by identifying potential targets and transactions. Through robust systems and practices firms can manage more effectively the costs of compliance and reduce their exposure to TF and PF risks. TF and PF risks can be quite diversified and complex as TF and PF techniques continuously evolve, and their identification and mitigation could be challenging for firms. The costs of compliance are increasing, and so is the risk of sanctions by supervisors for failure to comply effectively with targeted financial sanctions.
International banks are setting the bar high for AML / CFT compliance to establish correspondent banking relationships.
In light of these challenges, this course aims at providing participants with operational knowledge for identifying and assessing TF and PF risks, acquiring information on the latest TF trends, and understanding the best practices in creating strategies and setting up effective risk-based compliance systems that is compliant with both FATR Recommendations and other international best practices. In this 4-day workshop, delegates will learn and acquire practical tips and techniques on ML and TF risk assessment.
Who Should Attend
Principals especially those working in the Financial Industry including both the public sector (financial regulators and supervisors)
and private sector (such as Banking, Insurance, and Securities) are encouraged and shall benefit by attending this course.
A list of POTENTIAL ATTENDEES, but not exhaustive, is laid out below as follow:
- Relationship Managers
- Risk Managers
- Private Equity Professionals
- Financial Lawyers
- Policy Makers
- Compliance Auditors
- Compliance Manager
- AML / CFT Policy Analyst
- AML / CFT Compliance Analyst
- Financial Institution Directors
- Financial Intelligence Managers / Analysts
- Financial Institution (Senior) Vice Presidents
- Financial Transaction Regulators / Supervisors
Key Learning Objectives
- LEARN the latest trends of Terrorist Financing (TF) and Proliferation Financing (PF).
- ACQUIRE practical yet effective strategies for identifying and assessing Terrorist Financing (TF) and Proliferation Financing (PF) risks.
- UNDERSTAND Terrorist Financing (TF) and Proliferation Financing (PF) international requirements.
- MITIGATE risks based on risk-based approach (RBA).
- STRENGTHEN compliance oversight on CFT / PF policies and coordination.