- This event has passed.
Effective Contract Management
18th July 2022 - 20th July 2022
One event on 18th July 2022 at 12:00 am
Why Choose this Training Course
This is a 3-day training course. Theodore Roosevelt famously said, “Risk is like fire: If controlled, it will help you; if uncontrolled, it will rise up and destroy you.” So, effective contract management helps to manage risk and is essential to ensure contract success and failure to do so can mean losses ad loss of profits.
In order to minimize risk and mitigate any losses it is necessary to monitor the contract closely throughout its lifecycle. Identifying risks posed by the contract and negotiate terms and conditions to protect oneself from any impending threat of loss.
This course will utilise a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes case studies, group discussions and role-play.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- The Key Aspects of Contract Strategy
- In-depth study of different contract types
- Understand contract management fundamentals
- Identify and manage the roles and responsibilities of contractors
- Monitor Contractor Performance
- Negotiate contracts effectively
- Use dispute resolution methods to resolve conflicts
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers
- Contract Managers
- Claims Managers
- Legal Counsel
- Project and Contract Executives and Managers
- Finance Managers
Key Learning Objectives
- Appreciate the state of contractual processes from inhibiting, enabling, optimizing, to becoming best in class
- Know the multiple facets that should be accounted for when assessing contract risks
- Explore ways to mitigate risks with the help of best practices and processes
- Minimise “maverick spend”, or off-contract spend, the major risk of ineffective contract management
- Being proficientin the use of terms and language used in the contract
- Learn effective negotiation techniques to obtain best terms to limit risks and liabilities