- This event has passed.
Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) Masterclass
3rd October 2022 - 5th October 2022
Why Choose this Training Course
Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) forms the basis of proactive project safety. The combo (two safety jobs) combines to mitigate and prevent the chances that incidents occur – and ensure that assets, equipment and people are kept as safe as possible. It is first line of defence (and hopefully the only line needed) to prevent project incidents, and are followed by hazard reports, incident reports and incident investigations when and where required.
The aim of this HIRA training course is to provide a methodical and objective approach to observe and evaluate hazards and their associated risks that will contribute an objective measure and initiative of an identified and detected hazard as well as provide a technique to control the severe amount of risk.
The delegates / participants will learn how to identify the hazards in their respective work areas as well as in totality. They will return to their practical safety leadership roles fully equipped with the risk assessment methodology to mitigate the risks emanating from the hazards.
Who Should Attend
Engineers, Executives, Supervisors, and Managers especially those who work in Technical & Planning, Production & Operation, Engineering, and HSE departments in Refinery, Tank Terminals and Farms, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, and Petrochemical facilities will benefit by attending this course.
Related job titles or departments includes:
- Process Safety
- people who are responsible for the safe operation of facilities
Key Learning Objectives
- Appreciate the significance of workplace hazards identification.
- Describe the principles of health and safety risk assessment.
- Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role in accordance with regulatory requirements and industry good practice.
- Explain health and safety requirements for hazard control
- Learn hazard control methods
- Identify hazards and apply risk assessment procedures.